Boating in an unfamiliar area, whether on a fishing trip or vacation, is much safer and more pleasurable if you can take advantage of dependable, local knowledge.
These friends have volunteered to give you information about their local boating area, or about other places familiar to them in their boating travels. They have excellent knowledge, and just as important, they have a solid background in some aspect of boating safety and/or boating education. Take advantage of their expertise if you’re planning a trip to their part of the world!
(If you’d like to offer and share your own expertise, just write Commander Bob and give your name, email address, and a description of the area you’d like to represent.)
- Capt. Van B. email@example.com Lake Erie western and central basins, as far east to Ashtabula/Conneaut.
- Rick G. firstname.lastname@example.org The entire Saginaw River, Saginaw Bay from Tawas to Port Austin, the Inland Waterway, and the Straits of Mackinaw. All in Michigan.
- Gene B. Displaysrc@aol.com Mississippi River (mile markers 170 to 270), Illinois River to Lake Michigan (and beyond), Kentucky Lake via the Ohio River.
- Rich L.. email@example.com Dana Point Harbor, California.
- Dixon M. firstname.lastname@example.org Cape Fear River, North Carolina, from Fayetteville to Wilmington (aproximately 110 statue miles).
- Capt. Kent D. email@example.com Narragansett Bay and Block Island.
- Capt. Patrick D. firstname.lastname@example.org Chesapeake Bay (especially the middle Bay region).
- Al W. email@example.com Sturgeon Bay in Door County, Wisconsin, and the Sawyer Harbor area.
- Richard S. firstname.lastname@example.org Delaware River, Philadelphia and Trenton to Cape May, NJ. Delaware Bay. Atlantic Ocean, Cape May to Atlantic City (including the back Bay areas).
- Jim P. email@example.com Western Basin of Lake Erie.
- John S. firstname.lastname@example.org Greater Charleston, SC area.
- Jim C. email@example.com Bayfield, Ontario and Lake Huron, Georgian Bay, and North Channel areas.
- Capt. Dave C. firstname.lastname@example.org Western Lake Superior area.
- Capt. Tristan email@example.com The Great South Bay, Long Island, NY, and New York Harbor area.
- Capt. Steve M. firstname.lastname@example.org Long Island Sound, and the Lower Hudson River to Catskill, NY.
- Jim S. email@example.com Straits of Juan De Fuca, Admiralty inlet, Puget Sound, San Juan Islands (Washington waters excluding Lake Washington).
- Dick C. firstname.lastname@example.org Sebago Lake Region in Maine.
The purpose of this page is to provide helpful information to recreational boaters unfamiliar with areas in which they intend to boat. Participants who volunteer their services and provide that information, as well as the author of this page, assume no responsibility for the accuracy of the information given, or for any accident, injury, or death resulting from inacuracies, misinterpretation, or misuse of information provided.